We are looking for a flexible and inspiring art leader passionate about games, to take on the role of our Art Director. You will drive the visuals of our games towards a cohesive and striking style, and guide our art team towards excellence.
As our Art Director you help lead the visual development and style for our games and help take them to the next artistic level. You’ll be a creative experimenter as well as a leader for our art team, and work with concept, environment, VFX, UI and characters among other things. You’ll be responsible for creating and communicating the aesthetic vision to the team, and translating it into the game.
We believe you are explorative and highly driven with the capacity to step back and view the full picture, as well as focus in on the important details. You bring your aesthetic passion to all areas of the project and you’re great at getting people working with you hyped about common goals.
This is a permanent position based in Skövde, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Establish a high level aesthetic vision with consistent style and fidelity, and work together with team to make it a reality
- Provide clear and inspiring visual direction to the team, giving guidance and feedback across all artistic areas
- Create and update style guides and reference material for the team and partners, to ensure a unified visual direction
- Conduct research and find new solutions to achieve higher aesthetic standards for the project and company
- Plan and specify delivery goals with your team, as well as review results and adapt accordingly
- Mentor and support more junior artists to achieve overall goals and personal artistic development
- Assist with hiring, training, and developing the art team
- Previous experience as an Art Director or equivalent on 3D game projects
- Broad experience across game art disciplines including concept, character, environment, VFX and lighting, animation, etc
- Good understanding of the game development pipeline, and proficiency with tools like Photoshop, Maya, Substance and Zbrush
- A strong creative side, with excellent fundamental artistic skills and a trained eye for quality and execution
- Great with visual communication and you can craft moodboards, concept art, style guides and quickly do mock-ups to get your ideas across
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills. You have a cooperative attitude and ability to give constructive and positive feedback
- Organized leadership and good planning and time-management skills
Valuable additional skills:
- Level editor experience for engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience developing for consoles
- An avid gamer that bring relevant insights from your gaming experiences into your work
Apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
DoubleMoose Game Studios is a growing team of about 10 people, hungry and eager to make our mark on the video game world. We love to challenge the creativity of our players and together we create memorable experiences with humor and cheek, that leaves everyone with a story to tell. Located in the Skövde game development hub we’re at the heart of a teeming developer scene that loves to share knowledge and socialize.
Joining our Skövde studio at this early stage is a great opportunity to build something unique together with us. You will be given the opportunity to strongly influence both the technical roadmap, as well as culture, when we expand our games, technology, team and vision.