We’re looking for a lead programmer to spearhead our growing team of awesome programmers. You will be responsible for the overall architecture of gameplay systems as well as fostering a good climate within the team that enables people and and guides their development.
You are a process-driven person with a natural aptitude for seeing the bigger picture and have what it takes to lead a team of passionate professionals. Finding good channels for communication is easy for you as you constantly survey and adapt to the team’s needs. You should have enough experience from the games industry to have grown to understand the common pitfalls and how to avoid falling into them.
This is a permanent position based in Skövde, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Implement and maintain core systems together with other programmers
- Identify and define technical solutions for different gameplay features according to design documents
- Mentor and support more junior programmers to achieve overall goals and personal programming development
- Plan and specify delivery goals with your team, as well as review results and adapt accordingly
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code
- Perform code-reviews with team members
- Ensure your team can work efficiently and identify opportunities for workflow improvements
- Previous lead programmer / technical director experience
- Previous experience using agile methodologies to drive your work
- Knowledge of various software development processes and methodologies
Valuable additional skills:
- Level editor experience for engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience developing for consoles
Apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DoubleMoose Game Studios is a growing team of about 10 people, hungry and eager to make our mark on the video game world. We love to challenge the creativity of our players and together we create memorable experiences with humor and cheek, that leaves everyone with a story to tell. Located in the Skövde game development hub we’re at the heart of a teeming developer scene that loves to share knowledge and socialize.
Joining our Skövde studio at this early stage is a great opportunity to build something unique together with us. You will be given the opportunity to strongly influence both the technical roadmap, as well as culture, when we expand our games, technology, team and vision.