You’ve been there and back again. Multiple times. People have come to you with complex loosely-defined problems and asked to turn them into solutions. Sometimes this meant collaborating on problems outside your knowledge area, which required you to learn new things quickly and thrive in ambiguity.
As a developer you are always on the lookout for ways to help your fellow team members. You optimize workflows, and create tools that enable others to be creative. You will be part of our growing engineering team, driving the technology forward that will power future titles and push the boundaries of quality in games.
This is a great opportunity for the candidate who wants to assume an instrumental role within our new studio as well as on a company level. Large parts of the team and the company will rely heavily on your contributions and we believe the right candidate thrives under such circumstances.
This is a permanent position based in Skövde, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Identify and define technical solutions for game features and core system features
- Develop the overall game architecture
- Contribute to all parts of the game client, game logic, AI, graphics, UI and client-server communication
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
- Create tools and workflows for designers and artists
- Inspire and mentor less experienced members of the team
- Document your work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities
- A great understanding and feel for the full flow of software production, from requirements to deliverables
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Prior experience of shipping software to production (games or other tech)
- A team collaborator; shares knowledge and responsibilities
- Desire to learn new technologies
Valuable additional skills:
- Level editor experience for engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience developing for consoles
Apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DoubleMoose Game Studios is a growing team of about 10 people, hungry and eager to make our mark on the video game world. We love to challenge the creativity of our players and together we create memorable experiences with humor and cheek, that leaves everyone with a story to tell. Located in the Skövde game development hub we’re at the heart of a teeming developer scene that loves to share knowledge and socialize.
Joining our Skövde studio at this early stage is a great opportunity to build something unique together with us. You will be given the opportunity to strongly influence both the technical roadmap, as well as culture, when we expand our games, technology, team and vision.