We work in both Unity and Unreal Engine and so do you. You’ve had experience with both and consider yourself an expert at one of them. You should have enough experience from the games industry to have grown to understand the common pitfalls and how to avoid falling into them.
As a technical designer you will be operating in the grey area between software engineering and game design. You are the person that bridges these disciplines together and allows for more efficient communication. You will be making calls on what design we can and should implement and what design we cut.
You love game design and have an intuitive sense of how to bring any design to life in your engine of expertise. You can look at a design proposal and know it’s strengths and weaknesses. You know best practices, limitations, pros and cons of your engine.
You’ll work in a friendly environment with lots of freedom. A big part of a work day is working highly iterative in tight collaboration with other programmers, game designers, and artists.
- Guide the team on how to apply your engine knowledge into games
- Identify engine features and tools needed according to design documents and define technical solutions on how those features will be used
- Ensure that the game design, implementation and UX follows contemporary best practices and third party guidelines
- Develop the overall game design
- Implement and iterate on gameplay logic and game feel
- Document your work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Expert level proficiency in either Unity or Unreal Engine
- Shipped at least one game title and preferably a console title as well
- Knowledge of the console build pipeline within your engine of expertise
- Deep understanding of game development do’s and don’ts
- Solid scripting proficiency
Valuable additional skills:
- Programming Skills
- Experience developing for consoles
Apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DoubleMoose Game Studios is a growing team of about 10 people, hungry and eager to make our mark on the video game world. We love to challenge the creativity of our players and together we create memorable experiences with humor and cheek, that leaves everyone with a story to tell. Located in the Skövde game development hub we’re at the heart of a teeming developer scene that loves to share knowledge and socialize.
Joining our Skövde studio at this early stage is a great opportunity to build something unique together with us. You will be given the opportunity to strongly influence both the technical roadmap, as well as culture, when we expand our games, technology, team and vision.