Are you our next DoubleMoose Artist? If you’re good at what you do and want to join DoubleMoose to level up our art game we’d love to hear from you.
You are creative, team-spirited and result oriented. You are open to new ideas while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You have high standards, and feel ready to take our visuals to the next level and we can see that by looking at your work. You are comfortable working autonomously as well as a part of a team, and thrive when tackling new challenges.
You will work with a small and friendly art team bringing games to life. Your work will take you all over the graphical pipeline from concept to finished model, from environment art to lighting, from user interface to shaders. You’ll have lots of freedom as well as responsibility. A big part of a work day is working highly iterative in tight collaboration with other artists, game designers, and programmers.
This is a junior role but we would expect you to have some experience of a similar role or responsibilities. Seniors are naturally welcome as well.
This is a permanent position based in Skövde, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Create art across the whole pipeline from concept to complete model
- Collaborate with level designers influencing style and creating assets to be used in-game
- Create materials/shaders for assets with a strong focus on playability and fast iteration
- Implement 3D objects to game engine
- Make sure the levels run on target platforms. If some areas are assets-heavy you have to be able to analyse why and address the issues by designing around this
- Play the game and extrapolate missing assets and create them
- Previous experience as an 3D artist on game projects
- Some experience across game art disciplines such as concept, character, environment, VFX and lighting
- Good understanding of the game development pipeline, and proficiency with tools like Photoshop, Maya, Substance and Zbrush
- A strong creative side, with solid fundamental artistic skills such as understanding of color, form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Strong technical ability and willingness to learn new tools, techniques and workflows
- Understanding of modular building and reusability
- Be able to read and follow a piece of concept art, and be able to improvise without one
Apply by sending an email to: email@example.com
DoubleMoose Game Studios is a growing team of about 10 people, hungry and eager to make our mark on the video game world. We love to challenge the creativity of our players and together we create memorable experiences with humor and cheek, that leaves everyone with a story to tell. Located in the Skövde game development hub we’re at the heart of a teeming developer scene that loves to share knowledge and socialize.
Joining our Skövde studio at this early stage is a great opportunity to build something unique together with us. You will be given the opportunity to strongly influence both the technical roadmap, as well as culture, when we expand our games, technology, team and vision.